Sunday, June 16, 2013

Double Dipping Money Making CVS Trip!

     Now in any ordinary circumstance double dipping is not pleasant and frowned upon. But in the coupon world, double dipping can be a great thing! Double dipping at CVS means your store's sales for the next week go active in the computer systems the night before the sale. For instance I went to CVS at 7:00 on Saturday night and was able to purchase things for the sale that starts on Sunday! This can work out great for many different reasons. One of the main reasons I wanted to double dip into the sales pot is because I had a $10/$40 CVS coupon that was emailed to me and there wasn't enough stuff on sale for the current week that I needed. Here's what I got and what it cost me.
Saturday's Sales:
2 Colgate Mouthwash 250ml
   2/$5.98 receive $2 ECB
2 Chex Mix
  2/$4.00 receive $2 ECB
Diet Coke
  .99

Sunday's Sales:
3 Almay Eyeshadows
  $5.79 each and $3 ecb for each on you buy with a limit of 3
2 Colgate Mouthwash 500ml
  $5.79 each and get $5 ECB when you spend $10

I used my $10/$40 CVS coupon, 4 $2/1 Colgate mouthwash coupons, 2 $.50/1 Chex coupon and 3 $4/1 Almay makeup coupons.

Total before store sales, coupons, and $10 ECB: $51.88

Total After sales, coupons and ECB: -$1.33
   Yes that is a NEGATIVE SIGN!! I got it all free and had my overage go towards my tax!

And I got back $18 in ECB!

No comments:

Post a Comment